Saturday, June 5, 2010

Passage of My Mind

Walking down the corridors of my mind
Going quickly afraid of what I’ll find.
These old trails feel so familiar
In the labyrinth I’d happily wander,
But for the skeletons I could uncover.

My guide slips in and out of shadow,
Making it hard sometimes to follow.
Sometimes I think I’m really here alone
But for his lamp, I’d be completely thrown

I’m not sure what I’m looking for,
And I wont know when I’ve found it.
But theirs an outside force telling me to hurry up
But just when I begin to start I seem to stop.

The pack on my shoulder seems to grow steadily heavier
And I tense my shoulders to carry it another forever
My guide offered to take the satchel, knowing my week body
I refused to give him all of it,
Even though I’m so unfit.

[Early 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment