Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Friend Sorrow

I wrote this poem a while ago [19/04/10], but I never published it. I guess I was a little anxious about how people would take it. I've always liked it though, I apologise if you find it a little over the top. I hope you can see past that, to what the words were crafted to express; and thus I introduce, My Friend Sorrow

Dark satin caress
A lover, a dark shadow
A stranger on the wayside,
Trench coat, seductive smile.
Eyes black as pain, white teeth.
A familiar touch from bygone years
Who danced her through the moments
She remembers.
Hid her within her secrets
Touched - - her skin.
Her face.
Expressed her inner being more truly
Than laughing with old friends
An old companion
A part of her shadow.
Let me introduce my friend Sorrow.

Sorrow and joy danced together
Across my face.
Passionate, expressive,
Until the diamonds spilled,
From my eyes, and framed
My picture, my face.

Lonely without my companion
But by this roadside I want to leave you
Yet already, I invited you to stay another chapter
Already made your bed.
So perhaps I will lie with you.
And again feel you inside me.
My friend Sorrow.

Like an immature break-up
I keep calling you back.
I just don’t know how not to kiss you
As I say goodbye.
And as our lips first touch,
I am – I feel, powerless.
But with you here, my heart
Has forgotten how to fly.

1 comment:

  1. I still have this saved from when you asked me to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete