Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Life Full of Moments

(For Laura, my friend, my sister)


Blonde, neat, pretty,
Clever, smart, striving,
Cheerful, happy, thoughtful.

But that’s not what strikes me.
It’s… her eyes, her smile, her laughter,
It’s the painting of her heart.

A heart wide open to Love
A soul dipped into His will
A spirit dancing With the Divine.

Captured images are full of smiles,
But they cannot contain,
The richness of the moments; words shared.

You may trip on a pebble,
As you clamber up the hill,
Remember what it taught you, then let the lesson fall.

Every moment another story
Sewn into someone else’s life,
Stitching humbly into eternity.

And when the needle pricks or a toe kicks the stone;
It can fall with beauty, a turned leaf, an autumn fall.
Pain fades from memory, but lessons there remain.

A life that makes a difference
A truth that set her free
Forever run my darling, cry out the truth for me.



With Love,
November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment